January 20, 2010

That Was Never 5 Weeks Just Now.

Where the heck did my semester break go? Spring semester started this week, and I am completely uninterested in taking part. I'm a very hands-on type of learner, and I feel like I need a break from all my classroom time. But, since the horticulture season is still not quite ready to wind up, that means jobs are few and far between, so I might as well be in class. I suppose.

In completely unrelated news, I heard today that Robert B. Parker passed away on Monday, and I was very sorry to hear it. I've always been a big Spenser fan - both the books and the TV series - and I recently read the books in his western trilogy, Appaloosa, Resolution and Brimstone. If you are like me and lament the disappearance of the Western genre, I recommend them. (I haven't yet seen the film version of Appaloosa, but it's on my radar.) By the end of the trilogy I had a mental image of an old west version of Spenser and Hawk, but I guess that's probably understandable.

Not much of a post today, but I'll see if I can't rustle up something interesting to chat about next time.

No comments: