January 13, 2005

Anniversaries and Art Supplies

First and foremost, I’m going to take a moment to wish a Very Happy Anniversary to a wonderful couple I like to refer to as: Mom and Dad! Here’s to another 37 happy years!

(By the way, your present should be showing up today, unless an elephant falls on the FedEx guy or something.)

In other news, if any artistic-minded folks are or will be in the Denver area between now and about mid-February, be sure to hit Meininger on (roughly) 5th and Broadway. They are having their twice-yearly “Back to School Sale”! (I like Meininger…they understand that there are two semesters in a school year, and so don’t limit themselves to one BTS sale.)

Thanks to this lovely sale, I’ve rounded out my oil paint selection, replaced the pad of black pastel paper that was tragically lost to a rather nasty hairball several months ago, and added a bunch of new canvases to my collection. The only down side to all this is that now my sweetie is threatening to lock me in my studio until I consume a significant portion of my existing art supplies. Good thing we’ve got this three-day weekend coming up!