January 10, 2005

Links = Clarity

I've done it again. I do it a lot, even though I swear after each time that I've learned my lesson and I won't do it again. I've let a painting go stale.

I get these ideas for paintings in my head, carry them around for a bit while they develop, and then walk around for a while with this fresh, nifty picture buzzing in my brain. And then, something comes up and distracts me. Before I know it, the picture has gone stale. The idea isn't as exciting, the colors aren't as vibrant...it's just stale.

I had a great surreal/fantasy/impressionist painting of a tulip gardener ready to go for a couple of weeks. And another one of a yarn-battling cat. I think the gardener might be un-recoverable. I'm not sure the cat is completely gone yet, but it's close.

I hate it when I do that.