February 15, 2005

Roving apostrophes, paintings and funky teeth.

I traveled almost the full length of my commute this morning behind a green minivan bearing a license plate surround that read, “Girl’s Kick Ass!!!” The worst part? The apostrophe looked to have been painted on. (I have a 30 minute commute each way…I had plenty of time to examine it.)

So, the abstract autumn-y painting is coming along nicely. Too bad I can’t post any pictures of it. I’m rapidly becoming the only online artist with a “tell, don’t show” website. But, payday is the end of this week, and I’ve earmarked a twenty for a new digital camera battery.

While sitting around at work this morning, waiting for someone to return a phone call (this seems to make up 90% of my job) I had an idea for a lovely, green-grey multi-depth rainforest painting…lots of misty layers and drippy paint effects. Normally, I’m not much for abstract landscapes, but I seem to be leaning that direction lately.

On a totally unrelated note, can I just vent about my ex-dentist? Three crowns and a damn fat lot of money, and my teeth STILL hurt. If I’d known that six months after the fact, I’d still only be able to eat anything hot/cold/crunchy/sticky/sweet on one side of my mouth, I’d have kept the three cracked molars and saved myself a couple grand. Bastards.

On the plus side, I’m sure those of you holding stock in Advil Liquigels are enjoying those big, fat dividend checks that I’ve been making possible.