November 8, 2008

Up Next: Peace in the Middle East

I know, it's been a while. What can I say - I've been busy. I have very little free time anymore, and even with as much as I love the kitties, sitting down and typing out their every move is not at the top of my to-do list. Things like laundry muscle them out of the way.

Anyway, more about my excessive busyness later. (Like, after the first of the year.)

When last I reported in, Cosmo had scaled the kitty gate at the top of the stairs and introduced himself to the Electric Mayhem. She wasn't pleased. Well, that was three months ago, and she's still not pleased. However, considering who we're talking about, that's not as bad as it sounds. She's very rarely pleased about anything...but at least she's not actively angry about our new addition. Most of the time.

Cosmo soon discovered that not only could he jump the gate and go downstairs, he could also jump the gate and go back UPstairs. (This is a 42" gate with an additional 8" or so for the step. I've watched him do it, and it's damn impressive.) So basically, he now goes where he pleases, when he pleases. It's not doing much good for the gate, though. The gate has come loose and followed him down the stairs at least twice...it's starting to look a little worse for wear. We tried briefly to leave the gate down and see what would happen, but EM and the Big Acoustic Kitty still do not get along. So the gate went back up and we just try and secure it the best we can.

So, where does the whole Peace in the Middle East issue come in? Behold:

This is what greets me when I come out of the bedroom each morning and look downstairs. These are the two stars of what I like to refer to as "The Starvation Cat Chorus". They know that my next stop is the kitchen, where they will be treated to the first morsels of food they have ever encountered in their furry little lives. And in honor of that occasion, they are prepared to tolerate each other.

I have another photo of BAK and Cosmo enjoying some together time, but it's been misplaced. The Amazing Husbandini cleaned out the digital camera before he took off for a trip to Austin, and I don't know where he put the stuff that was on there. But, since he's currently sleeping off both the trip and the two pages he received in the middle of the night, I don't think I'll wake him up to ask him where they are.

So, to sum up...things are going as well as can be expected, and in some respects, better than expected. Our problem now is trying to curtail Cosmo's love of food. He's turning into a bit of a pudge-pot himself.

More later...