January 25, 2009

Fuzzy Cat

I am not a photographer. I think I have a pretty good eye for composition, but I don't have the technical knowledge to master my little camera, nor, quite frankly, do I have the interest.

However, I do love to take photos of the kitties. (Duh!) Since the kitties don't love to have their photos taken, they're not terribly cooperative. Probably only 25 to 30 percent of the pictures I take of them come out minus any motion blur or focus problems.

This, technically, is not one of my "good" photos. The Big Acoustic Kitty had already allowed me to snap several shots of him, and he was not having any more of it. However, since his morning sunbeam was just starting to creep across the bed, he had to content himself with just turning his face away from me, rather than hopping off the bed entirely. And as you can see, I hadn't properly fiddled with the camera settings, since the only thing that's in focus is the texture of the blanket. But I really, really like this photo. So here it is, blurriness and all:


He's such a big, furry, out-of-focus, grumpy kitty stud. And he loves him some sunbeam.