January 15, 2008

Happy Tuesday

It’s days like this one that I really loathe my job. I won’t go into detail, because I really try not to bring my work-related bitching here to KittyChair, but let me just say it was one of those days that was a complete waste of my time. If I’d known about it ahead of time, I would have called in sick and stayed home to be productive. On the plus side, at least I’m not in our IT guy’s shoes. He was really hating life today.

In other news, I need to get back to some art-related work. Sunday was my parents’ 40th wedding anniversary (Yea, Mom & Dad!) and in the midst of everything surrounding that, we did manage to squeeze in a trip to the Dick Blick store near their house. Because the Amazing Husbandini was along for the ride, I am now the proud owner of a huge set of Blick Studio colored pencils, complete with super-cute carrying tin. (I was told I don’t treat myself enough. And who am I to argue with such a statement from my DH?)

I have a whole list of projects for myself, and in the interest of trying to hold myself accountable, here it is, in no particular order: (Some of these notations make no sense to anyone but me.)

  • Finish Christmas painting for Amazing Husbandini
  • 5 mini cat paintings for Mom (while in Dick Blick, she held up a package of 5 – 1.5 inch square canvases and said, “If I buy these, will you put kitty paintings on them for me?” She’s my mother…what was I going to say?)
  • “Secondhand Circus” project … Polly, Emmett & Cleo.
  • Edit and illustrate second children’s book (Pam swears I’ll have it by next month)
  • “Heaving Frontispieces” collection. (God, don’t ask…)
  • Finish paintings/illustrations for 2008 holiday cards
  • Acrylics: Keep or lose?
  • BIG painting … kitty or landscape?
  • Big Acoustic Kitty on Pillow … purple piping
  • Cats and fashion ladies

Okay, that’s ten. That’s good enough for now. Numbers one and two on the list will probably be tackled in that order, while I’m waiting for number four to come around to me. After that, all bets are off. But if I get the majority of items on this list knocked off by the end of the year, that will be some real progress.